- Today is the 5th work day in a row that I have not hit the snooze button (see Goals)! The key – moving the alarm to the farthest end of my nightstand – where I have to physically roll over and stretch or get up to turn it off! But hey – I’ll take whatever I can! Besides – with a sunrise that greets my work day like this…it kinda makes it worth it!
- I’ve been fighting a NASTY cold ever since I went home for vacation. poutyface here!> Therefore…I have not properly worked out for – oh – the last two weeks! Runny nose + hacking cough + 80* muggy, southern weather DOES NOT = good runs!
- The Gulf Coast Half Marathon has seriously been plaguing my thoughts…and with a course description like the one below…who could blame me?! Not to mention, it is practically in my backyard! It is not until October – so I could easily come up with a 12 or 16 or 20 week training program. I have been itching to challenge myself to a half-marathon…do you think this could be the one?
Imagine running 13.1 miles under mammoth moss-covered oaks, past historic homes and along Lakeshore Drive as the sun sparkles across the water.
- I am planning a trip to NYC for our 4-year anniversary! It will be a quick trip, leaving NOLA on Thursday morning and leaving NYC on Sunday afternoon. At first, I wanted to surprise the hubs…but with him coming home from a 2-week hitch offshore on a Tuesday, I wanted to make sure he would be up to traveling that Thursday. And he totally LOVED the idea!!! I am OPEN, OPEN, OPEN to suggestions on what part of the city to stay in and what hotels to stay at!!!
- Prince Mario has a nightly visitor. A lil’ gray tabby who likes to sit outside our windows and taunt him. This has been going on for a few weeks. We have noticed no collar – no tags – and I am wondering if it’s time our lil’ guy has a new brother or sister?
- I am a victim of Credit Card Fraud. Yep…it finally happened to me. The hubs and I went out for a date day on Saturday (Movies & Dinner) and my credit card was declined at the theater. I thought, “Huh…maybe just a fluke.” Then I went to pay for our dinner…and again, the card was declined. Now I was starting to sweat! I’m very financially responsible – and was a bit confused – but decided to just call the company when I got home. I then received an email stating that my account was on hold due to “suspicious activity.” I called. And sure enough…someone in Michigan had made a “replica card, complete with security strip” and attempted to pay for $49.62 in groceries. Now…I know I’m not supposed to feel bad for the idiot who frauded my card…but groceries? Uugghh. New account…new card…coming up!
- Nerd Alert! I’ve already read 12 books this year (my former 2011 goal!) According to my current trend, I think I can handle a goal of 3 a month. New 2011 Book Goal: 36 Books. (Currently reading She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb.)
- Sadly, I have not volunteered at the St. Tammany Humane Society yet this year <Insert sad, ashamed face here!> However, I did receive notice in the mail, from my company, of their $500 dollar grant donated in my name for my hours volunteered last year! I also received a “Thank You” note from the director. Both letters made me very happy!
- Monday’s always remind me of “Margarita Monday’s” from the good ol’ college days!!! “I live for the nights I can’t remember with the friends I’ll never forget!”
I hope you enjoyed your weekend…and I hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday!