“How do I live with purpose & vision?” Synopsis: Self-discover and clarify your deeply important character values and life goals. Envision the ideal characteristics for each of your various roles and relationships in life.
If you are ready to challenge yourself to achieve better effectiveness in your personal and interpersonal life – please read on.
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind. This means that the best way to predict your future is to create it. Habit 2 teaches you how to live with vision, mission, and purpose. A carefully considered plan gives you the mental blueprint you need to create the desired outcome. This habit is based on the principle that all things are created twice: first mentally, then physically.
Task – Write a Personal Mission Statement. A mission statement expresses your personal sense of purpose and meaning in life. It can come in the form of a document, poem, collage, or song. It acts as a governing constitution by which you evaluate your decisions and choose your behavior.
Look at a few examples below:
Answer the questions below, which will help you think deeply about your life and what is most important to you.
- Think of a person who has made a positive influence in your life. What qualities does that person have that you like to develop?
- What are your natural talents and gifts?
- Imagine it is 20 years from now and you are surrounded by the most important people in your life. Who are they and what are you doing?
- What are the things in your personal life that make life worth living?
- What are the things in your work life that make life worth living?
- What are the five things that you value most?
Then free write your personal mission statement. And don’t worry – no one will see what you write but you! Unless, of course, you care to share with me below!
Next time I will introduce Habit 3: Put First Things First.