Yeah…about that low mileage…the week before my half marathon was scheduled low mileage…and I took the whole week and a half after my first Half Marathon off! There was some slight pain in my left knee (GAH – my IT problems are always with the RIGHT knee…now what?!) But I took some time off, then eased back into it…and now am back up to 4 miles pain-free.
Gulf Coast Half Marathon
Yeah – Yeah – Yeah! My very first half marathon! Race Recap Post HERE.
Post Race Exercise:
Walking, Elliptical, Stationary Bike, Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred Challenge
– I got to meet up with my bestie in NOLA during the workday for a lunch date! We chose Nonna Mia Cafe & Pizzeria!
– I got to meet up with my bestie in NOLA during the weekend for brunch at Mayas – a wonderful latin fusion place on Magazine Street. We then headed to The Cajun Village (Sorrento, LA) for some Christmas shopping! We had a groupon for BONIBLU! We found some wonderful handmade scented candles and local wine.
– I received a Massage gift certificate from the girls at work for completing my first half marathon! I took them up on their offer and received a 60-minute heavenly massage from MASSAGE ENVY! My runner’s body was so very grateful!
– I attended my first Rockin’ the Rails concert! This is a free concert series set-up at the Covington Trailhead during every Wednesday in October. John Boutte was playing! Then we grabbed some dinner at New Orleans Food and Spirits. Very good evening!!
– I helped out on one of our corporate audits…and it was two weeks of keeping very busy! It did take some time away from my new job – but I met a lot of really great people from around the world! (Australia, Nigeria, Angola, France) We celebrated the end with dinner at Rips on the Lake. It sits on the Mandeville Lakefront and has FABULOUS food and a great atmosphere!
– Oh yeah – and the BEST PART?! I’m now a contributor to the “Claim Your Journey” website! The website is dedicated to promoting the sport and lifestyle of running in Louisiana! I get to represent the Northshore! Check me out HERE as last week’s featured blog post!!