I am up to week 8 of 12 in my training for the 2012 Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Half Marathon! I have had some stellar PRs on my long distance runs. I have also incorporated sprint workouts every other week…and I really think they are helping!
105th Annual Jackson Day Road Race 9K (RECAP)
- WEDDINGS: My best friend got engaged! She has set the date for 09.29.2012 and will get married at Elms Mansion in New Orleans, LA. I love weddings!
- GIRLY-GIRL: I added highlights to my hair. There are subtle blonde and red streaks…but I like it.
- ADVENTURE: We were invited to take a boat ride with some friends on Lake Pontchartrain. We ended up traveling across the lake and ate lunch at Landry’s Seafood House in New Orleans. I partook in some shared appetizers: Fried Green Tomatoes; Crab, Spinach, & Artichoke Dip; and BBQ Shrimp. For lunch, I chose the Shrimp Fresca – Parmesan encrusted jumbo shrimp, broiled & topped with jumbo lump crabmeat, served with angel hair pasta. YUM!
- TEAMWORK: Our work team had a 2-day 2012 Strategy Planning Session, and we decided to end the festivities with a team dinner at Gallagher’s Grill in Covington. I started with a Seafood Gumbo appetizer. I also helped polish off the rest of a Calamari appetizer. For dinner, I chose Crab-Stuffed Shrimp. It was AH-MAZ-ING! Gallagher’s has great food, excellent service, and a relaxed atmosphere.
- RELAX: We chose to relax Friday night at the Abita Brew Pub & Grill in Abita Springs. They serve monster 10 oz. burgers that are DELISH! And I got to wash it down with Abita Amber – my favorite!
- FUN:Mardi Gras decorations are all going up in our neighborhood…and I have decided to participate this year! Pics to come soon!