The Blogging Wagon – the Running Wagon – the Reading Wagon! Ay-yi-yi. Yep – it’s been that kind of 10 weeks. Holy cow…I can’t believe it’s been 10 weeks since my last post. I am really sorry y’all…I hope you didn’t give up on me!!! And for those of you who stuck around…I’m coming back…with a vengeance! I have lots of fun ideas/posts coming your way to document this year!
So what exactly’s been going on with me? Everything! We moved from the US to Canada. And by that, I mean it started a whole chain of events!! And it literally went like this in the blink of an eye: “Goodbye 2013 & Hello Canada!”
We trained for the St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon, flew to Canada for a week for house-hunting, flew to Memphis to run the St. Jude, Race was canceled due to weather, drove five hours back to Louisiana, put our home up for sale, sold our home in 24 hours!, packed our belongings, ate LOTS of Cajun food in preparations for leaving the great south, said goodbye to Louisiana and lots of our now life-long friends!, put our cat in an airline travel carrier, flew with cat from LA to WV (his first flight ever!), spent the holidays at home with family, fought the nasty flu, flew with the cat from WV to Canada, successfully passed the border exam (<–kidding!) successfully crossed the border with our new Work Visas, signed the lease on our condo, officially relocated to Canada, unpacked our belongings, spent New Years Eve drinking Canadian red wine, got new drivers licenses (<– no smiling allowed, REALLY!), started work in Canada, attended our first work party (<– Vintage Carnival theme!), took our first weekend trip (<– to Banff and Lake Louise)…AND….I think I captured everything to date! Except for….my 3-year Blogiversary! Yep, it’s been a full three years since my first blog post HERE on January 19, 2011.
Some exciting stats for me, seeing as this blog started small – and by no means is it huge – but it’s mine and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:
- 347 Posts
- 235 Followers (<– You guys are AWESOME!!!)
- 717 Comments
- 33,063 Views! (Yowza – thanks for stopping by!)
Some things to remember from 2013:
- Volunteered at the Superbowl – NFL Experience!
- My grandpa passed away. Sad.
- I attended the New Orleans Zoo-To-Do and met Peyton Manning!
- I turned the big 3-0!
- I ran a race in Washington, DC – my favorite city!!!
- I followed the Boston Marathon bombings. So sad.
- The hubby and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary in Dominican Republic!
- I visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!
- I was a featured runner on fellow blogger/tweeter/runner Megan’s site – Running Toward the Prize!
- My young cousin committed suicide. So very sad.
- Became an aunt – HERE!
- Ran my first sub-2 hour Half Marathon in HERE! And blew my record away again HERE!
- Finished 3 half marathons in 3 months (August, September, October)
- Also crossed off West Virginia and California on my Half the States Challenge!
- Found out we were going to experience a life-long dream of living internationally!
Some things to look forward to in 2014:
- Calgary Half Marathon (June 01, 2014) – Posts on Training and getting back in shape!
- An American in Calgary: 365 Days (Photo Project!)
- Crossing off items on my Calgary Bucket List!