The first week of training is in the books! I was *fairly* aligned with my schedule – ending the week close to the scheduled total mileage, but lacking on the strength training, as I only completed one day of Abs & Strength.
We are truly lucky – as there is an amazing running path just 4 blocks from work – or 1.5 miles from our house! We have been using the 4 blocks as our warm-up walk, and then take our pick of the running paths of Eau Claire, which follow the Bow River on both sides, crosses Prince Island Park, and has so many variations to make each run fun! You can take a loop, zig-zag across bridges, or just run from one end to the other (and back!) For next weekend’s long run, we will try running along a new path: Elbow River, Nose Hill Park, or Glenmore Reservoir…the possibilities are endless!
- Monday: Stairs: 7 Flights Up, 24 Flights Down
- Tuesday: Stairs: 18 Flights Up, 18 Flights Down
- Wednesday: Cardio: 2 mile walk, 3 mile run; Stairs: 14 Flights Up, 21 Flights Down; Abs: 3×15: Crunch, Squats, Bicycles; Strength: 2×12 @5 lbs: Overhead Triceps, Bicep Curls, Lateral Arm Raises
- This was my first successful treadmill run to reach 3 miles. I wanted to quit after 1.75 miles…but kept pushing!!! Average Pace: 9:28/mile
- Thursday: Rest
- Friday: Cardio: 1 mile walk, 3.1 mile run (Average Pace: 9:09/mile)
- Saturday: Cardio: 1 mile walk, 4.1 mile run (Average Pace: 8:58/mile)
- Sunday: Cardio: 1 mile walk, 3.6 mile run; Stairs: 2 x 167 Steps Up & Down, 47 Stairs Up
That’s right….the hubby and I decided to tackle the Memorial Stairs on Sunday! There are 11 platforms, with a total of 167 steps. We ran up, then down, then up, then down again! Can you hear the theme from Rocky?!
15 Weeks to Go!
I’ve Committed Post HERE.